Vehicle Decals are adhesive-backed and printed in full color on one side of 2.1 mil Gloss White Complex Curve synthetic substrate. They are laminated for long lasting protection. This material is specifically designed for vehicle decals and will give you great results. Common applications include hoods, roofs, trunk lids, doors, and fenders.
The substrate includes tiny air channels for smooth and easy application.
Because of the wide potential size range of our large format products, there are additional file setup considerations. Proofs are typically shown half size. For other details, please review the file setup section carefully.
Customer must supply appropriately sized print ready art for any images and logos they wish to use on the product. Editing of customer supplied artwork will be at an additional cost.
Vehicle Decals provide a truly mobile and highly visible marketing solution. Imagine getting your message out at every red light and on every freeway where you drive. It’s a smart strategy for spreading brand or product awareness within a fairly close proximity to your business or home. Typical applications include cars, trucks, delivery vans, and semis. Don’t let space go to waste. They’re your vehicles; advertise on them.
Our standard sizes, listed below, are the most popular in the industry:
Available in custom sizes ranging from 12″ x 12″ up to 150′ high x 53″ wide.
2.1 mil Gloss White Complex Curve
This adhesive-backed substrate is designed for outdoor use and ideal for vehicle decal printing. It is a synthetic, tear resistant substrate and has good hiding power to block out underlying colors or images so they do not affect the printed design. Thin and light, it easily fits the shape of any vehicle.
Full color (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black as above) on the front and no printing on the back.
Lamination is a thin layer of synthetic material applied or “Laminated” over the image side of a printed piece. In addition to either a gloss or matte finish, it adds durability and a degree of moisture protection.
Two options of lamination are available, so you can control the look and texture of your decals:
- No Lamination
- 1.5 mil Gloss Lamination
In order to ensure your files are print-ready, we recommend that you upload them in PDF format. When you generate a print-ready PDF, your computer will use the settings in Adobe Acrobat Distiller or any other PDF generating programs you may use. Please make sure that these are set properly before generating your PDF file.
We also accept .JPG (JPEG), .EPS and .TIF (TIFF) file types, however PDF is the preferred format.
Check your file to make sure it meets our file creation guidelines. This will help speed up the production of your project and give your printed piece the best results.
- Use the CMYK colorspace (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, blacK). These are industry standard printing colors. CMYK colors are different than RGB (Red, Green, Blue), which are used to display colors on your screen.
- Use a minimum resolution of 300 dpi for image files.
- Specify trim area with crop marks. (Don’t place crop marks inside the work area.)
- Artwork should have 1/8″ (0.125″) bleed extending past the trim line. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.
- Safe Area is the 1/8″ (0.125″) area inside the trim line. Do not put critical information or images within the Safe Area. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.
- If you want printed borders, they must be placed a minimum of 1/8″ (0.125″) inside the trim line and include bleed. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.